As we are still operating under local and state guidelines due to the COVID19 pandemic, we wanted to remind you of a few new policies and changes that we have made to our facility for the safety and protection of your family and our staff. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change as more information becomes available.
- Designated entrance/exit – To keep a count of how many occupants are in the building, we will have one designated entrance and exit for everyone to use which will be the main entrance. The exit doors by the elevator and the stairs in the back hallway are for emergency use only. Total facility occupancy under the current 25% standard of occupancy is 401 for our location, and that number does not include employees.
- Mandatory temperature checks – We will have our staff take their temperature and report it to Mrs. Nellie each day before showing up to work. We will also be checking the temperature of all athletes and parents who come to the facility prior to entry. Anyone with a temperature of 99 degrees Fahrenheit or above will not be allowed entry. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before class to ensure your athlete can be screened and make it to class on time.
- Hand washing/sanitizing – We are asking all our customers to wash/sanitize their hands prior to entering the gym. You will also notice increase signage around the facility reminding you to wash your hands and we will also have sanitizer available for use. We also suggest that your athlete take a full shower/bath when they get home after practice.
- Facility changes – We have added a plexiglass shield for the front desk, and we are also asking that transactions be made using a credit or debit card, not cash/check, to minimize contact transmission. We have also treated nonporous surfaces with an antimicrobial barrier that is effective for 90 days. Our Café, locker rooms, and water fountains will be closed per local guidelines for our industry so please make sure to send your athlete to practice with a bottle of water labeled with their name and send them ready for practice as they WILL NOT be able to change beforehand or store their belongings in a cubby.
- Facemasks Mandatory – Per USAG, all sanctioned facilities must require all patrons over the age of 2 to wear a facemask when inside the building at all times. Athletes will be allowed to remove their facemask when entering the gym floor ONLY and must wear a facemask when entering and exiting the building, or in common spaces. If you do not have a mask you will not be allowed to enter our facility.
- Modified schedules – We will be sending out a modified practice schedule for all programs. This allows us a 30-minute window between classes to sanitize our equipment and minimize the number of people in the facility. Please remember to arrive no more than 15 minutes before class for screening and that all athletes MUST be picked up promptly when class is over to minimize congregating. Since all classes will change, preschool and recreational families will need to re-enroll in class once the new schedule is active. Tuition for teams may also be adjusted based on the hours of practice if they are reduced.
- Social distancing – We are encouraging our staff to maintain social distancing practices when outside of the facility to minimize the possibility of contracting the virus. We have reduced seating in our observation areas and clearly marked spots in the lobby and gym that are 6 feet apart to maintain social distancing inside the facility. We will also be limiting occupancy in the proshop to no more than 3 patrons at a time, restrooms to 2 at a time, and we will only allow one parent per athlete to enter the facility for observation.
- Observation – The general rule for businesses reopening is that they cannot exceed 25% of their occupational capacity until further notice. This has required us to drastically reduce the number of seats available for observation. We have altered class times and reduced class size to aid in this effort, but we have also implemented a one parent per athlete policy. We reserve the right to amend or alter this when permissible and will update this policy if we see that a change needs to be made. For preschool, one parent is required to accompany their athlete and stay during class. If we begin to reach a point where we are close to our occupancy limit, gymnasts will be prioritized for entry.
- iClass Live – In order to allow you, our families, the ability to still observe classes and feel safe about having your athletes with us under the reduced observational guidelines, we will be utilizing iClass Pro’s streaming service, iClass Live. This will give you access to view your child’s class from your computer, phone, or tablet remotely. It will not allow you to log in unless your child is marked present, and recording or screenshotting content will result in your device being disabled from viewing. Any families who record or capture content from practice in any form will be dismissed from the gym immediately, no exceptions. A separate charge will appear on your account for active families that reenroll in the amount of $5 per family per month for this service. The service can be accessed through the iClass Pro Parent Portal on your computer or iClass Pro Parent Portal app which you can download through the Apple App Store or Google Play. Your login information is the same as your login for the parent portal through our website, and you will see the red "Watch Live" button. Please select your child's coach to view their class, and the stream will start after the roll has been completed.
- Monitoring – We ask for your assistance in the at-home monitoring of your family members. Please observe for the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, fatigue, body ache or sore joints, shortness of breath, sore throat, headaches, nasal congestion, loss of taste or smell, rash, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting. If you, your child, or anyone in your household exhibit any of these symptoms, or come into contact with anyone known to have a positive COVID-19 test, you MUST notify the facility immediately and do not attend the facility for at least 14 days of known contact OR the symptoms subsiding. The athlete/family member's return to the gym MUST be coordinated with Mrs. Nellie. Tuition adjustments and/or make-up classes will be made in the event this occurs.
- Consent form – As we mentioned in our previous emails, our coaches will be wearing facemasks during practice, and we will also have them wear gloves when available and promote thorough hand washing and use of sanitizer. Though we are exercising every precaution, there is still inherent risk in resuming business during these times, so we will need all returning families to sign a consent form allowing us to break the 6-foot barrier if spotting is needed or in the event of an emergency. There will also be a separate consent form to receive treatment from the trainer.
We know that this list of changes is unlike anything we have asked of you before, but the current state of our nation is also unlike anything we have seen. It will take some time to adjust to our new normal and there will be revisions along the way as we learn through this process with you. One thing we ask you is to remember that we are all in this together, so please be patient with us as we work on smoothing out any issues that arise during this transition. Also, if you have any sanitizer, gloves, or masks that you can donate to assist us in our effort we would greatly appreciate it. We thank you all staying with us during this time of uncertainty and look forward to seeing you again soon.
These policies will apply to anyone entering our facility and we reserve the right to deny entry to any who are not willing to comply.