Where are you from: I was born and lived in North Texas until the age of 14, moved to Central Texas, and lived there until age 24. After getting married in 2014, I moved to the Kansas City area to pursue education in Physical Therapy and coach gymnastics. While in Kansas City, I made the decision to pursue coaching and judging full-time as my primary career. In August of 2019, I moved back to Texas to coach at WCC. I have been loving it ever since!
Gymnastics background as an athlete: I started gymnastics at age 12 at Watauga Middle School, and continued to train through the school program until graduation from Round Rock High School. After serving a mission for my church, I picked up training again while a student at Austin Community College. I competed through the NAIGC Division and attended a couple of meets alongside the University of Texas team until age 24.
Gymnastics background as a coach:
- RRISD 6th Grade - 8th Grade Program, Round Rock, TX - Assistant Coach
- Zero Gravity Gymnastics, Cedar Park, TX - Assistant Girl’s/Boy’s Coach
- All-Stars Unlimited, Round Rock, TX - Team Boy’s Coach/Assistant Team Girl’s Coach
- Fort Leavenworth Army Post, Leavenworth, KS - Girl’s and Boy’s Gymnastics Coach
- Mercury Gymnastics, Kansas City, MO - Boy’s Team Coach
- World Champions Centre, Spring, TX - Boy’s Team Coach/Admin
- Nationally Rated Men’s Gymnastics Judge since the 2015/2016 Season
- 17 years total as a gymnastics coach
- Represented Texas at High School Nationals in 2007 on the Floor and Vault
- Coached dozens of boys to individual and team gold medals
- Coached multiple gymnasts in Kansas City that were National Qualifiers
- Founded the Junior Judges of Kansas City as a way to help train high school aged gymnasts to become judges
- Round Rock High School Diploma
- Austin Community College - Associate's Radio/Film/TV
- Kansas City Community College - Associates in Physical Therapy/Physical Therapist Assistant
Favorite hobby: Part-time musician with a local band (“Half Dead Hustle”) as the bass player and a contributing songwriter. Currently working on a solo music project in my spare time! Super part-time author, currently finishing the second half of a science fiction series called “ORCA”.
If I'm not coaching I'm: Doing anything that keeps my brain or my body in shape! Writing music, weight training, road cycling, woodworking/desk making, and writing.